Monday, June 30

Daily Candy's Sweet Tooth

If you don't get Daily Candy's daily emails on what's new in fashion, food, art, you are missing out! The site has specific "editions" for a variety of cities (including New York, Atlanta, Dallas, Boston, LA, and more) so you'll never be out of the loop. Today's New York edition featured one of my favorite things: Ice Cream. Daily Candy did a write up on Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream, which operates out of a truck parked at Prince and Greene Streets.

This isn't the first (or hopefully the last) Daily Candy email about ice cream in the city. In March they wrote about Batch, a new bakery that offers cookies and cheesecake along with homemade ice cream. Last year I received four emails (maybe more) about ice cream and the kind people who wanted to sell it to me. There was East Village Ice Cream, started by someone who used to work at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. Then there was the Heartschallenger Ice Cream Truck and Sugar the Treats Truck, both grow-up friendly versions of the ice cream truck you used to chase as a kid. And last there was 5 Boroughs Ice Cream, a city based company creating flavors based on favorite New York neighborhoods.

I'm not sure what ice cream has to do with fashion, but honestly, you may be able to say no to those shoes, but you should never say no to a cone.

2 comments:

Human Racing said...

That ice cream looks delicious. You madde me feel like I was missing out by nit subscribing to Daily Candy. haha.

Richel said...

I love Daily Candy! I read their site religiously. Their San Francisco site keeps me up to date with all the goings on in the city!