Also, Chanel's Mobile Art Pavilion is coming in NYC in October. In case you haven't heard/read about it, Chanel has asked 15 contemporary artists to create a piece inspired by the iconic 2.55 handbag. The structure is designed by architect Zaha Hadid. This combines two of my favorite things: fashion and art. Read more about it here.
I don't even know what people mean when they say hipster anymore. Living/going to art school in Brooklyn means I hear that word at least once a day, but I still don't know who it refers to. The sweaty kids dancing to Girl Talk at house parties while drinking Sparks? The kids wearing flannel smoking on the lawn? Girls who wear thrifted floral dresses and boys who wear deep v tees and slim slacks? Anyone who wears over-sized glasses? I don't know, and to be honest I think it's time to let the term die and rest in peace. This girl looks cute and in a strange way I'm kinda digging her Lolita sunglasses.
(pic from Fashionista)


1 comment:
you're right, it's getting hard to categorize "style". i don't know though...for my personal definition of hipster, i don't think she fits the bill.
Post a Comment