Saturday, August 23

Mind the gap


It's been dark and grey the past few days, but I love it when the weather is like that. Everything looks so vibrant- the trees, the houses. I finally got a chance to wear my jacket since it's been a little chilly.

ugh, ignore my face

Dress- James Perse, Jacket- Barneys Co-op, Belt- H&M, Tights- Kohl's, Shoes- Thrifted, Bag- F+C City Tote
And I'd like to draw your attention to this article from New York Magazine about how down and out the Gap still is, even though Patrick Robinson joined their team. I have to disagree with the writer- I've been a Gap Girl for a long time. I guess I like their "boring" but classic basics. I mean, that's what the Gap makes- basics! Basics in neutral colors, and depending on the season, prints and key colors as well. I don't know what she was expecting- bright prints, loud colors, on stop trends? She knew she was going to the Gap and not H&M or Zara, right? I think the clothes at Gap work when you buy a piece to go with what you already have, and the accessories are always great. The only problem is the prices can be steep, but then again, Gap is between Old Navy and Banana Republic, so I think most of the items are priced accordingly.
I also miss their commercials;



That's right, Daft Punk. And the Gap. And Juliette Lewis.

And who can forget this classic-

3 comments:

Human Racing said...

Daft Punk + Texas tuxedos= oddly adorable. How old is this?

maverickandlove said...

i love your outfit, is that a studded skinny belt by any chance? and those pictures look like a work of art, with the red to the corner and the stairs... looks like a photograph i would see at the MOMA or seomthing.

glory said...

like your belt a lot...grate outfit..saludos
wanna xchange links??...
saludos